Spanish courses at the teacher’s home
Spanish Immersion in Burgos, Spain
1 to 2 weeks
From 18 years old
1 or 2 people
What is LexiTur
LEXITUR is a Spanish course for foreigners at the teacher’s home to acquire the language naturally and personally through different programmes, knowing Burgos and its province.
- Travel to Spanish with total immersion in our culture
- Live in the house of your teacher or in a hotel
- For people from 18 years old, individual or as a couple
- One to three weeks, starting on any day
- Flexible schedule with classes and cultural and recreational activities
- Adapts to the level you have
- Know aspects that interest you about Spain
- Volunteer artistic workshop
- Optional thematic routes , wine tourism or nature
- Intensive course 5 day + 1 staying at the hotel
- Online creative writing classes and courses, for those who can’t come
- Conversation while we show you Burgos
one of the most
spoken languages in the world
GET TO KNOW
the culture of Spain live
your Spanish, for studies, for work or for leisure
reading works by great writers and listening to songs
How is the course
- The Spanish course is a combination of classes, activities, artistic workshops and thematic projects.
- The design of the course is done by you, with our advice, according to your preferences.
- The minimum duration is one week, then you can add the days you want up to three weeks. You can start the course any day of the week.
- Each day there will be an hour of class, and more can be added; three hours of activities and an artistic workshop or thematic project during the time of coexistence.
- Learning Spanish through immersion is guaranteed.
- The intensive course 5 day +1 stars on Mondays.
- There are no lessons at the weekend.
At home or in the city
Around what you choose:
CULTURAL AND RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES
In Burgos and province
Museum of Human Evolution
Monastery of Las Huelgas
La Cartuja de Miraflores
Museum of Burgos
Walks through Burgos
Camino de Santiago
Trip to the province: the north and its landscapes, the south with winery
WORKSHOPS AND PROJECTS
We are fans of theater, drawing, painting, photography, music, gastronomy and creative writing.
Projects about Burgos or Spain: art, history, painters, gastronomy, characters, singers, musical groups, political-social news and places.
As a complement to the course we propose you to add a route of the two that we offer you:
- Wine tourism to know the wines of our province of Denomination of Origin Ribera del Duero, Ribera del Arlanza and the places where they are located.
- Nature, to know the beautiful and evergreen landscapes of the north of the province of Burgos, in the Merindades, with villages full of charm.
- The trip would be part of a course of at least eight days .
- It would be a two-day trip with us, with one night on the route.
- It could be at the beginning, during or at the end of the course, in all cases you return to our house.
- The itinerary may change according to your interests.
- It will be done depending on the availability on the dates and weather conditions.
- Including hotel, entrance fees, transportation in our car, guide and full board.
- Visit to three wineries.
- Medieval villages: Lerma, Peñaranda de Duero, Santo Domingo de Silos, Covarrubias.
- Roman colony of Clunia Sulpicia.
- Sad Hill, where Clint Eastwood’s duel in the film The Good, the Ugly and the Bad was filmed.
- Day 1: Lerma – Winery in Sotillo de la Ribera – Underground winery in Aranda de Duero – Bodegas de Zazuar, outside – Palacio de Avellaneda or Castillo in Peñaranda de Duero – Winery on the Vine – Accommodation on the Vine.
- Day 2: Roman colony of Clunia Sulpicia – Yecla Gorge – Winery and Monastery in Santo Domingo de Silos – Sad Hill – Covarrubias.
- Visit through valleys of the Merindades, evergreen landscapes
- Medieval villages: Frías, Poza de la Sal Charming villages: Orbaneja del Castillo, Puentedey, Oña Ermita de San Bernabé in the Natural Monument of Ojo Guareña
- Petroleum Museum
- Day 1: Petroleum Museum – Valdelateja – Orbaneja del Castillo – Ebro Canyon – Ebro Reservoir – Hermitage of San Bernabé, Natural Monument of Ojo Guareña – Puentedey – Accommodation in Arija.
- Day 2: Oña – Frías – Tobera – Poza de la Sal.
130 € per day
20 € each extra-lesson
THEMATIC ROUTE 320 €
200 € per day
30 € each extra-lesson
THEMATIC ROUTE 400 €
- The prices are with accommodation in our house, including the services shown in this section.
- If you want to stay in a hotel, we can help you find it and we will give you a budget that includes classes and the activities you want.
- Ask about courses of less than a week, possible dates, as well as if you are a family.
ROOM AND PRIVATE BATHROOM
TRANSFERS BUS OR TRAIN STATION
ARTISTIC WORKSHOPS OR PROJECTS
INTENSIVE COURSE 5 DAY + 1
In this program, you will learn or improve your Spanish while getting to know the three World Heritage Sites in Burgos: the Cathedral, the Camino de Santiago, and the Archaeological Sites of Atapuerca.
- 3 hours of classes in the morning at a location in Burgos while exploring the city.
- 3 hours of activities in the afternoon, visiting the Cathedral, the Cartuja de Miraflores, walking along the Camino de Santiago as it passes through the city, visiting the Atapuerca archaeological sites, and exploring the Museum of Human Evolution in the capital.
- We will also try some “pinchos” (small snacks) and wines from Ribera del Duero.
- Accommodation is provided in a hotel. We can recommend several options, or you can choose the one you prefer.
- The program is designed for 1 to 3 people. Please let us know if you are a family.
- It takes place from Monday to Friday.
- An additional day can be added on Saturday from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm, approximately, for one of these excursions in the province:
- Nature and medieval villages route: Frías-Tobera-Oña-Poza de la Sal
- Wine tourism and medieval villages route: Covarrubias, winery-Monastery of San Pedro Arlanza-Sad Hill-Santo Domingo de Silos-La Yecla Gorge-Lerma
- 5-day program: €515/person
- Extra day on Saturday: €100/person
- Transfers from the bus/train station in Burgos to the hotel on arrival and departure days.
- Transfers during the program and the extra day.
- Entrance fees.
- 15 hours of classes and conversation practice during activities.
- Dinner on the “pinchos” day in Burgos.
- Lunch on the extra day, Saturday.
1 DAY IN BURGOS
If you have come to Burgos for a short time, you are passing through or in a hotel, and you want to practice Spanish with us while we show you the city with its monuments, streets and walks. We will also indicate the best bars to drink tapas and wines.
Contact: to know availability, write to us at least one day in advance. Send a WhatsApp to Alberto, 00 34 637 672 782
- It is required to know some Spanish
- For 1 – 2 people, or a family
- The tour is 3 hours, from 10:00 to 13:00 or from 17:00 to 20:00
- Price: 55 € the 3-hour route; 20 € every extra hour. A drink is included.
Eva, Alicia, Alberto and Marisol
· Alberto, graduated in Teaching and Marisol, graduated in Hispanic Philology. We both have a lot of experience in public education. Alberto teaches creative writing courses.
· We are representatives of Adolesco, an association that carries out cultural and linguistic exchanges for young people in several countries.
· Our daughters have participated in language exchanges and finished their degrees, International Studies and Psychology at Leiden University, the Netherlands.
EXPERIENCE RECEIVING AT HOME
· We have housed several students from other countries through the AFS-interculture organization and students from the United Kingdom on short exchanges with the school.
· We enjoy teaching our language and our city to people from other places, many times bonds of friendship are created that still endure.
· We really like to travel. During the 2010-11 academic year we went around the world as a family over ten months.
· We are members of the home exchange association HomeExchange since 2003, we have 102 exchanges with families from five continents, with some we have lived together in their home and / or in ours. All of them have taken good memories of Burgos. · In our blog East by west you can see our travels.
We live in Burgos, it belongs to the community of Castilla y León, the place of origin of Castilian or Spanish.
Burgos is in the north of Spain, between Madrid (240 km) and San Sebastian (210 km). From Madrid-Barajas airport there are buses to Burgos, where we would pick you up on arrival.
Burgos It has three UNESCO World Heritage Sites: the Cathedral, the Camino de Santiago and the Archaeological Sites of Atapuerca.
The population of Burgos is 177,000. It is easy to walk around the city and pleasant to walk through its parks. You will learn about the history of Burgos and its great gastronomy.
The province of Burgos is very varied:
- To the north: spectacular landscapes and unique villages
- To the south: vineyards, wineries and medieval villages
- To the east: mountain range, pine forests, archaeological and paleontological finds
- To the west: the Camino de Santiago
- Our house is very close to the center of Burgos, you can easily walk.
- Our apartment is next to the Camino de Santiago.
- There is a basketball court in the courtyard.
- In the neighborhood there is a supermarket, shops, bars, all a few meters away.
- Our apartment has four levels, in which there are three bedrooms, two bathrooms, living room, kitchen
For more information do not hesitate to write to us, in Spanish or English:
- Phone and WhatsApp: 0034 637672782
- Email: email@example.com